November 12, 2019
AxiomSL continues to see the industry grapple with the increasing pace of change in regulatory requirements for liquidity risk management. As institutions mature their processes and reporting frameworks they also discover how the data gathered for regulatory compliance can be leveraged to benefit the institution. In a series called the “Liquidity Journey”, AxiomSL’s Don Mumma, Managing Director and Expert in Liquidity Risk and Dan Shmueli, Head of US Product explore key opportunities for improving liquidity risk management. Some of the topics to be addressed in this webinar are:
- Current State: 2052a, LCR, Reg YY Stress Testing, LCR Public Disclosure, FRY 15 Schedule G/N
- Challenges around tactical approach and manual workarounds to sustain current 2052a processes
- Enhancing processes/controls and collaboration between treasury, finance and risk
- Leveraging on existing framework to address new regulations such as NSFR, prudential rules tailoring
- Liquidity next steps
- What should banks be doing now?
On this liquidity journey, it is important for FIs to view data as an enterprise asset rather than a technology concern and recognize that data quality and accuracy are essential to managing financial and operational risk.