November 27th 2017
Liquidity Risk – FFFS 2017:19
- Repealed FFFS 2011:37 on reporting liquidity risks by credit and securities firms.
- Regulation will be replaced by EU liquidity reporting under supervisory regulation.
- As binding rules are implemented, there is no longer need for separate reporting.
- Firms already leave tasks to SFI via EU reporting, so change consistent to others.
Liquidity Coverage, Cash – FFFS 2017: 20
- Repealed FFFS 2012:6, liquidity coverage requirement, cash, equivalent reporting.
- Replaced by directly applicable liquidity provision under EU supervisory regulation.
- EU rules apply to credit, securities firms, in EC delegated act on liquidity coverage.
- To ensure banks’ resilience to liquidity stress does not weaken from repeal of the
current regulations, SFI will investigate any preventive measure which it can take.
- Reporting ends Jan. 1, 2018, meaning last report be submitted by Dec. 31, 2017.