25 Feb BANXICO – Circular 1/2021
Posted at 23:43h in Regulatory Changes – LATAM
February 25, 2021 – The Governing Board of Banco de México announces that Banco de México will maintain:
- Extension to September 30, 2021 and adjustments to extraordinary liquidity provision measures.
- Extension of the term of extension of eligible guarantees for commercial banks in the Ordinary Additional Liquidity Facility (FLAO) and financing operations in dollars (Facility 2).
- Extension of the validity and gradual reduction of the ease of reporting of expanded government securities.
- Extension of the validity and gradual reduction of the window for the temporary exchange of guarantees (Facility 5).
- Extension of the validity and gradual reduction of the ease of repurchase of corporate titles (Facility 6).
- Extension of the validity of the measures for the provision of resources to credit institutions to channel credit to micro, small and medium-sized companies and individuals affected by the pandemic, as well as the ease of financing multiple banking institutions guaranteed with credit assets banking, for the financing of micro, small and medium enterprises (Facility 7 and 8).
Jurisdictions affected: Mexico
For more information, visit Banco de México.