AxiomSL’s flexible, integrated, data-driven platform delivers a solution for Liquidity Risk Management and Regulatory Reporting for financial institutions to meet multiple regulatory reporting requirements while ensuring full transparency and control. Unique in its ability to drill down, automate workflows and review reports to original data sources, it empowers clients to successfully monitor risk and eliminate errors that can often occur through manual processes. The platform delivers complete data lineage as well as data enrichment, integrity, traceability and full transparency throughout the entire process with increased efficiency and time to market.
Unified Data Model
One of the strengths of AxiomSL’s liquidity solution is its robust Unified Data Model (UDM) which standardizes key metrics around the Institution’s global positions, contracts, collateral and cash flows. Combined with a comprehensive Liquidity Risk Engine, AxiomSL’s Liquidity Solution is designed to scale for current and future regulatory and internal compliance monitoring and reporting. For example in the United States, AxiomSL delivers an integrated FR 2052a/LCR solution that leverages the core UDM data set and produces both the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and the FR 2052a (formerly 5G) report with consistency and transparency from the source through the output reports. AxiomSL has also integrated the BCBS standard Net Stable Funding Ration (NSFR) calculations into the Liquidity Solution.
- Strategic data-driven solution with complete transparency, drill down and clear audit trail which Interfaces with clients existing business systems and processes.
- Controls the entire liquidity risk management process, from data sourcing to reporting, including XBRL submission.
- Able to adapt to changes across institutions, geographies and jurisdictions without system re-engineering or source data reconfiguration.
- Drilldown functionality supports instant verification of aggregate numbers down to record levels for improved transparency.
- Enables analysis and adjustment of pre-submission results to ensure accuracy prior to submission.
- Use of visual data modelling and business rules make modifications simple and fast.
- Accommodates current and future compliance and reporting needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Empowers clients with a flexible, transparent, auditable and performance-driven product.
- Delivers a single global platform that accommodates multi-jurisdictional and multi-faceted reporting requirements.
- A well-managed and documented liquidity risk management process will yield real capital benefits.
- LCR & NSFR calculator
- Multi-jurisdictional reporting
- Aggregation of LCR compliance Entities and Consolidated Parent
- Aggregation of Liquidity Measures by Business Unit hierarchies
- Dynamic dashboard
- Variance & trend analysis
- Cash flow generation engine
- Liquidity and capital stress testing
Disparate source systems – The key challenge for liquidity management lies in implementing a data management solution to integrate source systems across multiple jurisdictions and business lines to meet the demands of a highly complex regulatory environment.
Centralized capital allocation – ALM and treasury operations are obliged to look for ways to improve effectiveness by monitoring and analyzing the impact on liquidity requirements across business lines and allocating funding costs accurately.
Enhance visibility across silos – Financial institutions need a robust liquidity risk management solution that links silo departments. This allows operational teams to quickly analyze and perform stress tests, ensuring sufficient liquidity needs and allowing organizations to absorb shocks arising from financial and economic stress.
Transparency – The current regulatory requirement of intra-day monitoring for liquidity risk requires a leap increase in transparency from previous reporting. Without a system for transparency coupled with stringent timeframes banks significantly run the risk of creating unreliable and non-reconciling monitoring and reporting systems. In addition, they also risk missing the implementation deadlines. This demands a process that can easily monitor reconciliation issues across management systems and trace transactions to their source efficiently.
Robust, automated integrated platform – The financial crisis also highlighted that many banks are too reliant on manual processes. This makes it challenging to respond effectively to the demands of a rapidly changing regulatory environment, creating spider-webs of standalone tools. Stress testing increases the demands on the liquidity systems and processes even further. A far more robust, automated integrated platform is required to ensure a flexible and controlled liquidity risk monitoring process.
Liquidity Solution Diagram
AxiomSL solution for: Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR)
As a response to the inherent weaknesses in the bank’s liquidity risk management and maturity transformation processes, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision...
NSFR – Setting up a solid foundation to meet liquidity...
Leading up to the financial crisis of 2008-09, some banks made use of excessive amounts of short-term wholesale funding to finance their long term lending activities...
AxiomSL wins Compliance Risk Technology Implementation...
Credit Suisse & AxiomSL have been named jointwinners for the Compliance Risk Technology Implementation of the Year award for 2016 during The Asian Banker...
Robust, integrated platform that meets global liquidity risk...
Liquidity risk management and regulation are at the forefront of challenges facing the global financial industry today, as regulators have responded to systemic...